Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Perfect Mix

I can't complain when the weather forecast calls for mostly sunny, high of 80, with a chance of scattered showers. That's the perfect mix. Sun for me and rain for the Earth.

When it comes to sun, I find our kitty and I are a lot alike. We'll grab any patch of sunshine we can! This morning, Sylvester pressed her head against the screendoor by the front deck as soon as that first square of sunshine appeared!

Later, I enjoyed a few minutes on the deck myself! I made sure I got something done first. Made another batch of banana bread and watched Bad News Bears with Carter. I figured I better have Carter watch the movie so he'd know why I occasionally called daddy Coach Buttermaker. He enjoyed the movie and I can't get the theme song out of my head!

This afternoon, we went to pick up one of Carter's friends for a play date (I suppose I should just say to "hang out" now that they're sixth-graders). Traffic was rerouted on the way there because of an accident. We know it was serious because one person was airlifted to Marshfield and the other to Madison. So we're praying for the injured parties but we don't know yet if they are unknown to us. Scary. (Hug your loved ones!)

Jim took Casey over to Best Buy in Plover to get his graduation present from us -- a new laptop for school. Wow, this is really happening. We'll soon be parents of a college kid. Yikes!

The drive over and back was painful, Jim said, so I expect our commute will not be too enjoyable tomorrow. For this evening's inactivity, we watched a few episodes of a Walter Cronkite series on the Discovery Channel. I am not going to watch all 8 shows today but the ones we did see were very interesting. We'll have to keep our eye out for when they air again.

Speaking of keeping an eye out... With all the scattered showers this afternoon that were immediately followed by sunny skies, I told Carter there was a good chance we'd see a rainbow. Sure enough. We finally got one! (I couldn't get the whole thing in my viewfinder so I had to split it up into 2 pictures.)

And here's us trying to be creative... Is Carter's brain the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
You never know! Well, yes, we kind of do. But we love him anyway. And it made for a beautiful end to -- all things considered -- a pretty good day.


No comments: