Sunday, July 12, 2009

Take Your Son to Work Day

Since I still didn't get the memo they've outlawed child slavery, I pulled Carter out of bed at the crack of dawn and dragged him to the car show with me.

Not really. You know my son. He was so excited to go to "work," he got up early and even jumped in the shower without me having to tell him. He was ready to hit the road!

I wasn't really going to put him to work. It was just easier to take him with so hubby could head straight over to the Green Bay area to golf today with some friends. Like I said the other day, Carter had so much fun "organizing" our vending trailer, he was looking forward to returning AND seeing all the cool cars.

I ended up having him man our giveaway table. He quickly learned the spiel and took over. It was right up his alley.


You'll notice how orderly he arranged the entry pads and pencils. Later he arranged the pencils to spell the word W-I-N. He also made a sign so people would know when the drawing will be held (It said: Drawings Aug. 31st or Sept. 1st) and that was taped to the entry barrel. Next year I'll know to have him work all of Saturday when it's tough to find grown-up volunteers to work it.

And don't worry. He was paid well. He got pancakes for breakfast, funnel cake for midmorning snack and ice cream for lunch. This is why we're both detoxing tomorrow.

We did get out of there by noon (nice short day) so that was nice. Since the skies looked threatening, we decided to pick up a few movies on the way home -- Hotel for Dogs and Escape to Witch Mountain (the original one from when I was Carter's age).

I tell ya, it sure was nice to put my feet up and recline for the afternoon. It was nice to chill out with my baby. And nice not to wonder who (or what) is going to pop into my camera's viewfinder next! Until next year...

No comments: