Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All-Star Break

Tonight's the All-Star Game in the Major League Baseball world. I pay attention to things like that -- not because I am going to stay up and watch the entire game -- but because there are things I like about the All-Star break.

This almost always signals a positive turn-around for the Twins. In typical fashion, they started in a slump and somehow have climbed out of the cellar in time for the mid-season break. Which means, cross my fingers, they will continue to get hot and tick off the White Sox, Tigers and Indians fans.

Tee hee.

We'll see how that goes.

The thing I don't like about the All-Star break is that it also signals the middle of summer. Wait. Where did the first half go?

I have an inkling.

We are in our last week of the baseball tournament season, wrapping up 6 tournaments over 7 weekends. Thanks to Mother Nature, we were robbed out of 2 final rounds, so part of me is thinking we shouldn't be wrapping up so soon. Another part says, yay, we'll get a little "down time" before we have to go back-to-school shopping!

That should also mean a little more time to finish up some scrapbook projects, maybe get some inside and outside house projects done, perhaps golf a bit more, find some more deck time and oh yeah, keep training for that half-marathon!

I am proud to report I logged 9 miles on these chubby knees tonight! That calls for a shower and, you guessed it, a yummy fruit smoothie. I blended some up for Carter and me. What a great summer treat!

I'm thinking as far as summer goes (and it's going), I'd like to think my glass if half full.

But it's going to be emptied pretty quickly! M-m-m good!

No comments: