Monday, July 4, 2011

Right on Target

We really couldn't have planned our day any better.

With our short commute from the hotel, we got to Target Field at 11:30 and had time to walk around the outside and check out all the cool things there are to see there. And take lots of pictures, naturally!

The new stadium is amazing. I absolutely love it. And on a warm and sunny day like today, it is so good to be playing (er, watching) baseball outdoors!

I guess I can say that because we were seated in the shade all day. That's not how I planned it, but I'll be happy to take credit. We were in the 3rd level up (highest level) right behind home plate. Not a bad seat at all. Got to see all of the strikes, hits and HOME RUNS quite clearly! Got some good pictures I'll share when I get a minute.

My boys ended up winning 7-0! Sweet!

Carter enjoyed learning how to keep the scorebook for the first time. And I enjoyed seeing him fill in all the boxes for the Twins.

The game itself only lasted about 2 1/2 hours so we got out of the Cities and were home by 8 p.m. Now the guys went into town to watch the fireworks. I don't mean to be anti-American, but I need to stay home, take some drugs and get some sleep. The only downer this weekend was an awful sore throat and dry cough that hit me Sunday morning and has been nagging me ever since. I did not feel close to 100% today but there was no way I was missing my first trip to Target Field.

Plus, a little stop at DQ on the way home helped a bit. But just not enough.

If you're heading out to fireworks, enjoy! I hope you had a great July 4th holiday weekend and got the opportunity to thank someone special for our freedoms. God bless America, indeed.

Play ball!

No comments: