Saturday, July 23, 2011

As Luck Would Have It

It's not even noon and I've already lost my Mother of the Year Award.

Not that I was really in contention. But it probably didn't aid my campaign when I woke the teenager with the sound of a vacuum cleaner.

In his room.

In my defense, it was 11:15 a.m. and really, we had to get lots done this morning so we can leave town. Since we were gone last weekend, I hadn't dusted, swept, vacuumed in 2 weeks. My house was about to grow feet and walk off on its own. So after getting some other cleaning done, I really couldn't hold off on the vacuuming any longer if we are to make our 12:30 departure time.

Carter grumpily claims he only got 8 hours of sleep anyway. Says he didn't feel good (too much partying a.k.a pizza eating, I'm sure) so didn't fall asleep right away. Now he says his stomach hurts a bit. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's trying to get out of this trip. Hey, it's not his class reunion -- if anyone tries that, it's me!

So yes, we are going up to Luck for the Class of '86 reunion. You can do the math. I'm expecting a small crowd -- we had a small number to begin with (45) -- but it will be nice to see a handful of friends that I have kept in touch with over the decades. Yikes, that's sounding old.

While my twin and I are there with our willing husbands, Carter will entertain Grandpa and Grandma Hedberg. Then after our fun, we'll pick him up and stay at Raylene's.

Another short and I hope sweet trip. But no expectations, of course. I'm too old for that.

No comments: