Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome to Twins Territory

Now I lay me down to sleep... Target Field is at my feet...

Hey, it is on the map anyway. We are officially in Twins Territory, holed up at a Hilton just 20 minutes from Target Field. Will be able to wake up and skip on down there for my first game at the new stadium!

Yup, I'm a little excited.

We took the long way to get over here because we had some important stops to make.

We actually didn't leave Rapids until noon because it's hubby's birthday and we had to make sure he slept in and then had ample time to open his one present. Which we think is awesome -- a home-plate shaped shelving case with the Reds logo that he can display his Reds autographed baseballs in. Very cool.

Our first stop was my parents' house. When we go there, Mom wasted no time in spiriting Carter and me off to some gigantic garage sale! Seriously. Good news. Carter bought a Celtics shirt for just 25 cents. Happy Birthday, Dad!

Later we headed up to my twin's place to check out her storm damage. They still don't have power and might not for 5 days. They not only had their barn collapse, a big shed also is over and the roof off their shop blew into the field down the road. Crazy awful damage!

We all went out to eat in town (Siren) so that they could all get a break. Plus we wanted to take my parents out for their anniversary (yesterday). Plus I wanted the birthday boy to get a good meal. It was very good. We are still full.

Our plan was just to drive into Minnesota and get a hotel room somewhere north of the Cities. It was a neat drive. We saw fireworks in various cities along the hole route. Of course, I claimed I planned that for a special birthday gift!

Ended up getting a hotel room just north of Minneapolis so it will only be a 20-minute drive to the field tomorrow. Game time is at 1:10 p.m. so I want to be there when the gates open at 11:40 a.m. I am excited to see the new place for the first time.

After their come-from-behind win against the Brewers today, I am hoping for good things. But will be content with a nice sunny day that just might call for some cool Twins treat!

No comments: