Saturday, July 9, 2011

Car Show Day 3 :: Limited Time Only

I was only working the car show from 7 a.m.-noon today so I did not have a ton of opportunities to shoot photos. I didn't mind. My main focus was getting out of there promptly at noon so I could get over to Nekoosa (south of Rapids) for Carter's 1:15 p.m. baseball game.

Yes, while I have been "out," there have been other things going on! Carter's team won last night and today so we are going into Sunday's playoffs undefeated. This is our chance for a trophy so I hope they can keep the bats hot!

Carter didn't actually play today's game. I got there and he was sitting out, on the DL I guess, because his back was in much pain. Not sure when or how that came on, but we have been icing it on and off ever since and it seems to be improving. Keep your fingers crossed.

After the game, we trekked up to Stratford with Jim's sister and we attended a graduation party for their cousin's daughter. She graduated second in her class (like me) and is going to UW-La Crosse (like me), so she must be awesome! (Seriously, she is.) Had a nice time visiting with relatives we don't see often enough.

Got home by 7 p.m. so I went for a little 2-mile run just to stretch the legs out. It was really too hot and humid out to try much more than that. No sense being a hero. Now the boys are watching their Reds (in HD) try to beat the Brewers for a change. And I am about to share few photos from my slim pickings today.

No one likes to carry too much around so you see all kinds of wagons and carts. I'm sure these kids thought this was fun -- for the first 20 minutes anyway. I bet they'll have some strong feelings for Daddy and Grandpa by the end of the day!

Of course a wagon also provides a portable rest stop, too.

Thousands of people mill through the Swap Meet and Car Corral looking for "new" cars or just parts and pieces. If you really want to sell something, a good mobile marketing plan can't hurt.


At least the message is clear, right?

And if they run out of ink, they can always borrow some from this guy!

I wasn't sure what prompted me to take this picture, but I just had to. After I zoomed in, I saw that his t-shirts says "Where the Wild Things Are." That's appropriate.

This got me on a t-shirt kick. This guy proves old guys with pony tails rule.

And this guy isn't sure who rules.

And this guy is just plain pushing his luck. If you can't read it, it says: "Your lips are moving but all I can hear is blah, blah, blah." And yet she says with him.


After my recent post mentioned the Hamm's beer commercial, I had to snap a photo of this hotrod with the Hamm's bears featured on the hood.

Every day I walked past this 1960 Plymouth Fury with fins at the entrance. It looks nice but wait 'til you see what it was towing...

Who knew vintage boats had fins, too? This 1959 Herter's (with antique water skies) looks pretty darn cool!



Something tells me there probably is a whole separate show circuit for old boats, too. But I'm not signing up. My shift is done until next year!

No comments: