Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not-Book Computer

I noticed with the back-to-school sales already going on that my little Netbook computer I got on Black Friday is on sale for a pretty good deal -- but nowhere near my $179 steal. So I'm glad I got it when I did.

And why did I just have to have it?

It wasn't to check email and Facebook every morning over my bowl of high-fiber cereal. It wasn't so hubby could check his fantasy baseball team lineup when we're out of town in a hotel. It wasn't to "borrow" my friend's books from her Kindle account, either.

No, that's not why I got it. But that's definitely how I've been using it!

You might recall, though, that my argument for getting it was that I needed it. I could use it every day on the commute to and from work to write. And not just write anything. Write a book!

Yup, my memory was jogged when one of my sisters just asked me how the novel was coming along. Novel? What novel? Oh, THAT novel! Uhm, fine.

I did look on my computer tonight -- the big, normal computer, not the Netbook -- and see I have the beginning chapters of 3 very different books started. Very different story lines. Not even the same genres.

That's not a bad thing. One, that means I have plenty of stories to tell. And two, it means the hardest part is done. Seriously, starting is the hard part!

How do I choose which one to tackle first? That's easy. The one where I am well into Chapter 2. Doncha think?

I'm saving it on a flash drive -- because they are also on sale with the back-to-school supplies -- and plugging it in to my Netbook.

Now I just have to find that switch to turn on the creativity...

1 comment:

swait said...

Transfer and type away, Girl! Happy to see you at the next stage of your work.....Getting back to it when you've hit the pause button! Can't wait to read more....