Monday, November 28, 2011

Cyber Monday

For the people not willing (or stupid enough) to go Black Friday shopping, today was their day. Just sit at computer, browse a few websites, find a gift, punch in your credit card number and Santa will add it to his sleigh.

Now why didn't I think of that?

Actually, a good shopper combines Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals... and sandwiches in a Cookie Bake in between!

I did find a few minutes today to find that one thing Carter and I looked for yesterday. So my shopping for my hubby and for my name drawn in his family are all done, too. Carter's godparents are all taken care of. My twin sister's gift arrived in the mail this weekend, too. I am on a roll. And I like it.

Ultimately, the goal is to have most shopping done and the cards sent out in the mail by the first weekend in December so I can enjoy all 12 to 24 days of Christmas in a state of Hallmark-channel induced relaxation.

It's always good to have a goal. I just rarely reach it. Right now I am stuck on one little part of the card project. I think the creativity train has left the station. I also am staring at a bare corner of the living room that usually houses that big, fat useless prelit tree that is slowly burned out to partially lit. And a small part.

We are contemplating getting a different tree. I'd like a "slim" one since the new TV takes up more room now. I also don't care if it's prelit. That's so temporary. You end up stringing lights in 3 years or less anyway! Our problem is what to do with the old one. It's still a big, fat artificial tree. It's just heavy as heck and only one little section of the built-in lights work.

They wouldn't take that at Goodwill would they? Or where?? We're open to ideas. I am still working on that New Year's resolution that requires non-hoarding thinking. Get rid of something then replace. Don't add something to the pile.

It's always good to have a goal.

Right now I have to do some non-fun cyber spending. It's called bill paying.

Bah Humbug!

No comments: