Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to...

I wasn't wearing a special outfit. I didn't make any fancy food. I didn't even have a guest list. But I was ready for a party today.

Pity Party, that is.

I really, really wanted to have one. But managed to hold off.

Work was a bit too challenging. Am still behind because of my "lack of computer" issues. So am a bit stressed there. Then learned our work team is being "right-sized" from 4 members to 3. Sure, I'm grateful to be among the remaining 3, but don't see it as a good thing for the guy who was shown the door or those of us who will pick up his workload. So I am a bit stressed there, too.

But as usual, just when I am about to don that party dress, I stop, take a breath and think long and hard about why I don't have it so bad.

Today's thought process did not have to be very long or hard.

Remember I told you about that 8-year-old boy who died Friday afternoon when he was hit by a truck while crossing the street? Today was his funeral. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to bury my son. I have merely an inkling of the pain and sorrow the parents, siblings, family and friends are experiencing. I don't know how I could endure that. Even with God's help, I just don't know.

What I do know is that anything I would have dreamed about whining and complaining about is so petty, it's embarrassing.

And I'm grateful for that. Time to shove that party dress to the back of the closet.

For now.

No comments: