Thursday, November 24, 2011

More Stuffing?

I can see what turkeys have to squawk about. It is no fun being stuffed! In fact, it's almost painful!

But it's Thanksgiving. The food is good so we eat it. And eat some more. Then just a bit more. Lord knows we won't get pumpkin pie if we don't clean our plate!

Oh, I am thinking of how unhealthy I feel at the moment. But feel fortunate we had an excellent meal at my in-laws and nice time visiting with hubby's side of the family. Casey is home from college this weekend so we got to see him, too. Bonus!

Throughout the month of November leading up to Thanksgiving, I have been posting something I am thankful for each day as my "status" on Facebook. You know, I hardly made a dent. I never had to think "Oh boy, I wonder what I can say today?" It was always, "There are so many things, how do I narrow it down to one?"

That's what I love about this time of year. A real focus on gratitude.

Today -- in central Wisconsin anyway -- we can all certainly be thankful for the gorgeous day. No travel worries, that's for sure. It was sunny and mild. Felt like 50 but who knows if it really got up there. Just nice enough for hubby to hang all the icicle lights outside and for me to attempt another run/walk.

I went at noon. Everyone was either inside eating or watching the Lions game, so no traffic and no deer hunters. I still wore my blaze orange hat, of course. I was thankful that I managed fine on my 4-mile route. Still alternated walking and running with each song but my hip didn't scream at me so I took that as a good sign.

In the midafternoon, we headed into town. Stopped by our friends the Jacksons first since their 13-year-old was visiting from Georgia. So Carter got to spend a little time with him anyway before we went to Jim's parents.

Since we are so far away from my family, it sure makes Thanksgiving special when I can spend it with my other family and close friends. How lucky we are!

I bet you are, too. Hope you all found much to be thankful for today. I'm sure God wouldn't mind if we thanked him for those blessings every day -- not just the last Thursday in November!

Thank you, God. And thank YOU for being a special part of my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: