Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Days

I've always been a fan of musicals -- from the heart break of West Side Story to the nonsense of Nunsense to the cleverness of Wicked. I love them!

In the past few years, I have been fortunate to see a few productions with Broadway touring groups and they have been phenomenal (Lion King was unreal). But I'll take an unpolished high school production any day, too. One, there's a good chance you know some of the kids. And two, it's a heckuva lot cheaper!

Tonight hubby and I had a date and saw the Assumption High School production of Happy Days. I've said it before, I am a big fan of the Fonz -- especially after he kissed me six years ago! So this was a must-see. They did an incredible job so I'm glad we decided to go.

Hubby and I were apart all day leading up to our date at Arnold's. He drove up to Eau Claire to take Casey Christmas shopping. With the older boys, we tell them what we are spending, they pick out what they want, I wrap it and they act surprised on Christmas morning. It works. They're happy and we get the shopping done early.

Carter and I bummed around this afternoon and, without planning to, got some Christmas shopping done, too. Bonus! We also got my new purple paper at the scrapbooking store, picked out charity Christmas gifts for a shoebox project at church, stopped at Rudolph cheese factory for cheese (and yes, ice cream) and wrapped up our day at ShopKo, where I managed to drop and shatter a Christmas ornament. Thankfully they didn't make me pay for the broken one -- except with embarrassment.

So now I have gifts to wrap. Yay! (Yup, I am one of those weird people who likes wrapping presents.) But I won't get to that tonight.

I'm pretty sure I need to meet someone at Inspiration Point.

A-a-a-a-y-y-y-y!

No comments: