Sunday, November 13, 2011

Special Alert

I have to thank my friend Christine for alerting me of a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel. I had heard rumors they started airing already, but I hadn't had time to check into it. Christine's call came just as I found myself with the couch and remote all myself -- a Christmas miracle itself!

So I am enjoying a new holiday flick and relaxing. A perfect way to wrap up what turned out to be a weekend without that much "down time."

Today after church and Sunday school, I spent a few hours baking up my holiday treats for my family's annual Cookie Bake / Exchange coming up Thanksgiving weekend. I figured I better get them done in case next weekend gets busy, too, as weekends tend to do. After that I did some quick grocery shopping so I could get home and take a walk.

We've had 2 mild days in a row so the snow is gradually melting away. Yay! Plus, I figured it was time to hit the road. It's been 3 weeks since my hip went haywire. Thanks to the multiple chiropractor visits, chair massages and my new stretching regimen, it feels 100 times better. But I suspect it needs to feel 200 times better before I can run again.

Today I went for a short 2-mile walk. After the first half mile, I was delighted my hips and legs felt OK. So jogged slowly -- really slowly -- for just a half mile. And it felt fine. But I wisely just walked the last mile home. Don't know how it will feel tomorrow so I didn't want to push it.

That was hard. Don't like holding back. I am getting antsy.

Just glad my hip bone stayed connected to my leg bone! Hopefully, going forward, I won't have any more "body in pain" alerts. Just "Christmas movie on channel 84" ones!

No comments: