Monday, November 21, 2011

Holiday Greetings

We were rewarded with an unexpected "free night" tonight. No basketball game or practice to go to. No homework to oversee. No supper to make since the fridge is bursting with leftovers. Nothing on TV that I really have to see.

What to do?

I figured I might as well print out labels for Christmas card envelopes. Don't get all envious. I don't have envelopes yet. Let alone a card picked out or photo for it. But heck, you start one part of the process and the rest is sure to come, right?

It did!

I said to hubby, "Do you think we really need to include a letter this year or can we just send a photo card?" Those who know I try to "create" a different type of letter or card layout each year know this is sure sign I am in a holiday funk. Would I really send something out that doesn't reflect any creativity on my part?

Hubby gave me permission. He said, "That's fine if we just do the card."

Wow, what a relief. One less thing to do!

But of course, as I was sitting at the computer, watching the address labels print out, I was struck with an idea. And I ran with it!

In 30 minutes, I had our "letter" designed, printed and proofed by a top-notch editor. And I like it.

I guess I do work best under deadline. Next deadline should be getting some sort of card to go with it. Oh and stamps, too. First deadline, though, is finishing up that Peppermint Stick ice cream before it melts!

M-m-m... what holiday stress?

No comments: