Sunday, November 27, 2011

Safely Home Again

Amazingly, I put 400+ miles on the car since yesterday morning and not once did I have to brake for a deer or slow down due to slippery road conditions. If this is traveling in late November in Wisconsin, I'll take it!

Actually the drive up to my twin sister's (near Siren) was a tough one. It was foggy and drizzly the whole 4 hours. But it could have been worse, much worse. And we were there before noon so we could make the most of the day.

We definitely packed a lot into our 35 hours away.

Saturday was busy with the Cookie Bake slash Exchange slash Game Day! Had a good crowd of 4 of my 6 sisters, my brother, my mom, two nephews (one w/girlfriend) and 4 nieces (one w/boyfriend). Between visiting, eating and playing games, we were laughing it up til late in the evening.

After everyone left, Raylene and I roped Carter into watching a holiday movie with us on Hallmark from 9-11 p.m. (Oh don't let him fool you, he got into it.)

Got up early today so we could visit my parents a bit and drop a few things off ... and fix a few things. Sometimes I forget how old and needy they are. Glad I can do little things for them -- like show them how to work their remote!

After our visit, Carter and I headed home with a mission to stop at Bargain Bill's in Rice Lake for a scrapbooking mission, then the Oakwood Mall for a major shopping mission. After stopping into every top brand-name store imaginable for Carter's "needs," my wallet was a lot lighter but at least I got some things crossed off his Wish List. On the other hand, hubby's list went unchecked. I had something in mind, just didn't find it. So we headed home. For real this time.

Saw a ton of cars and a lot of speed-trap cops, too. But no deer.

Glad to be home safely. Just in time for another Hallmark movie.

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for giving Mom & Dad a cell phone. I watched a few Hallmark movies myself yesterday. It was fun and relaxing, just what I needed. :)