Monday, November 7, 2011

Up on the House Top...

I sneaked a listen to my Glee Christmas CD at work today so it got me in the mood for holiday tunes. I was thinking I should make my blog title a Christmas Carol every day during the holidays. I realize it's much too early to start that now... but there is a chance for snow the next 2 days.

I know. Don't get me started.

The main reason I chose "Up on the House Top" is I was thinking about Shingles. Not the kind you put on your roof, though. I'm thinking the evil, dreadfully painful, grown-up Chicken Pox version of Shingles that is bringing my poor 84-year-old dad to his knees.

Ouch.

I recall when hubby went through this a year or two ago that it is painful even for big tough guys like Jim. So I can only imagine what my Old Man is going through. I've heard tales of people who have been hospitalized over this, so we do count ourselves lucky that Dad does not have an extreme case. Though I bet he wouldn't turn down a hospital bed and a morphine drip about now.

I suppose if he would have seen a doctor a week earlier, he could have avoided some of this. But who am I to talk? Two weeks into this hip mess and LeRoy Jr. has not made a doctor's appointment either. I did have 4 chiropractor appointments and 2 massages during that time, though. then today, I actually looked up the phone number to call and suddenly realized nothing was hurting.

Seriously? Serious.

I hope that means the advice to "just rest it" holds true. Though I can't give it too much longer. Unlike my ailing father, I still have an appetite and, last time I checked, singing Christmas carols does not burn many calories!

It doesn't hurt to try though.

"Up on the house top, reindeer pause. Out jumps good ol' Santa Claus..."

No comments: