Monday, November 14, 2011

Let 'Er Rip

As we sat in the bleachers in a gymnasium in Wausau watching our 8th-grade boys slowly get stomped on, one mom commented, "This is like slowly ripping a Band-Aid off." That pretty much sums up the day.

Tiny twinges of pain culminating in a big fat headache.

I arrived at work to learn my computer died over the weekend and did not have the strength for a Monday-morning comeback. I called our help line right away but didn't get a human response 'til 10 a.m. Then the human was, well, human -- and erred in his setup of a new computer so it was back to the phone line. It was a slow, painful process that never did get resolved.

I was fortunate someone was absent so I could use her computer. I just didn't have access to some of my files and tried not to think about the hundreds, maybe thousands, of files I lost on my fried computer.

Ouch.

We headed up to Wausau right after work for Carter's 6 p.m. game vs. Newman. I'm not sure what the deal was but we were not in sync at all. Carter played OK, had one steal but missed a few opportunities to get the ball to an open player. But there was a lot of that all around.

I think at the end first quarter Newman was leading 17-2. Then by half it was 33-11. Are you feeling our pain yet? The final score was 60-31.

Big ouch.

Sure glad the Vikings are doing everything we expected against the Packers. Ha. They are actually. I don't think they are expected to score. I feel bad for my poor young boyfriend Christian Ponder. I bet he knows what that slowly peeling Band-Aid feels like right about now. I wish I could just rip it off for you, dear, but we still have another half to play!

Ouch.

No wonder I can't get rid of this headache. Time to take 2 aspirin and call it a night already.

No comments: