Thursday, December 8, 2011

Angels We Have Heard on High

Angels we have heard on high... Sweetly singing o'er the plains...

Do you believe in angels? I do. Sometimes we wonder if God is too busy. But I've realized on more than one occasion that if He is, He sends His angels to do His work and, well, they get the glory.

The more I hear about what transpired yesterday, the more I believe angels were definitely watching over Dad... sweetly singing over the "planes" and helicopters. The doctor reiterated to us again today that Dad got here to the hospital "just in the nick of time." Possibly St. Nick of time. He is our Christmas miracle after all. It was seriously life-threatening and that's scary.

It was such a relief that the first sight we saw when we got here this morning was Dad sitting up in a chair on his own and eating breakfast. Eventually they moved him out of ICU and got him into a "regular" room late this afternoon. As far as his heart goes, things are looking good.

Of course, as things tend to go, there are new concerns for the doctors. They aren't sure his kidneys are functioning properly. That could delay his release by a day or two. We'll see. He's in a top-notch facility and they know what they are doing. Last I saw, he was eating his supper and watching some local news about the latest Vikings stadium proposal. Poor Dad!

I'm about to hit the road to non-Internet territory. I'm taking Mom home and will stay at Mom and Dad's tonight. Thank goodness. Mom had no chance to grab a change of clothes so today she got to sport one of my running shirts and my trendy Sister Bay sweatpants. She looked so cool I am afraid she'll out-fashion me if we stay down here another day. I guess I was her style angel today.

Like I said, angels show up in the darndest places. And thank God for that.

No comments: