Saturday, December 3, 2011

Deck the Halls

Deck the halls with boughs of holly... Fa la la la la la la la la...

The process of Decking our Halls -- and the whole house for that matter -- luckily started on Thanksgiving.
Hubby put up the icicles lights that day because it was warm (relatively speaking) and sunny. Good move. If he had waited until today it would have been a no go.

It was a miserable rainy day that is still threatening to turn to sleet and snow in the overnight hours. Jim and I had to take an unexpected field trip to Neillsville, which is the halfway point between Rapids and Eau Claire. Casey's car has been leaking oil so we delivered his mom's car to him and I followed in our car so Jim could have a ride back home. It rained the whole drive but stayed above freezing.

When we got back to town, we stopped at Walgreens to pick up our Christmas cards and then picked up groceries at Wal-Mart. Got home and I donned my apron and made a dozen Amish Friendship Bread muffins, 5 small loaves of it (for gifts) and 2 regular-size loaves of it. While that was baking, I took our new "slim" tree out of the box, assembled it and dragged up some Christmas decorations from the basement.

Carter and I usually watch a Christmas movie while we're Decking the Halls. So we plugged in Elf. He watched and I decked. We only had to move the TV over a few inches instead of a foot or so like usual. I think it turned out fine. A slim tree does not have to look like a Charlie Brown tree at all.
I just have to find the tree skirt and add some gifts and we're good to go!

After the decking, we went next door to watch the Badger game in the Man Cave. Hubby grilled brats and burgers in the rain and we had a sloppy winter tailgate ... indoors. Watched the first half but now am home and getting Carter off to bed.

He's had a tough day. Pretty much he was doing this all day...
and honestly, finally took a shower and put "real" clothes on right before supper. I know. I'm jealous, too!

But 'tis the season to fa-la-la-la-lounge.

No comments: