Thursday, December 15, 2011

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Here we are as in olden days... Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us... Gather near to us once more.

One of the many blessings of the Christmas season is seeing or hearing from friends -- "faithful" or otherwise.

As I get older, I don't really see myself as someone making a lot of new friends but I guess it just happens. You spend time with someone and you can't remember what life was like "before" them.

From my hair artist to my fellow basketball moms and some other "groups" in between -- not to mention Christmas cards from old friends and new-- I was basically surrounded by friends throughout my entire day.

What a neat feeling.

Hubby had the day off so he got to join some buddies for lunch. This particular group of guys are retired so they see each other all the time. On rare occasions, Jim gets to join them. He knows their "schedule." Glad he got the opportunity today.

Carter also got to see an "old" friend at basketball. Assumption played at Amherst -- a convenient stop on the way home from work -- so he was competing against Harry, his pal from many summers together at Kidz Camp in Iola. No matter who wins the game (Harry this time), I think they'll be friends for life.

That's pretty cool, too.

If you haven't given it much thought, take a moment to think of those "faithful friends who are dear to you" -- and let them know you treasure them in your life. As the song says, we just don't know how long they'll be around.

Through the years We all will be together, If the Fates allow...

Thanks, friends, for being an important part of my life!

No comments: