Saturday, December 17, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
'Cause no matter how far away you roam
If you want to be happy in a million ways
For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home

We're hitting the road to go "home" for the holidays. Or at least part of the weekend.

My side of the family doesn't have a set day we celebrate. It depends on who is hosting and what most people can do. This year, my twin sister Raylene is the hostess with the mostest. So we're heading up to the Siren/Grantsburg area for a family, food, fun and more food.

The plan is to pick up Clay in town and then Casey in Eau Claire on our way through. I expect there'll be around 30 of us when all is said and done. (Most importantly, my dad will be there!) And everyone should be entertained in some way... between the program and any number of games going on. And no one -- absolutely no one -- will go away hungry.

The CRV is packed to the gills (if it had any) and my mission is to get everyone in our vehicle on board with our program piece. And get about 1 and 1/3 Christmas books read so I can give a bag of books to Raylene. The 4-hour drive will fly.

Then I'll be home, sweet home for the Hedberg Holiday.

1 comment:

Sara Wait said...

Enjoy your special time at your twin's --I had forgotten you did a program....I hope you have unleashed your creative wit in full for the festivities. Have a good trip!