Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

I am grateful hubby and I had today off. It seemed my list of things to do outnumbered my available hours to do them today. But somehow, here it is 8 o'clock at night and I have time to watch a Christmas movie!!

Well I'm sort of watching The Bishop's Wife -- an oldie but a goodie -- while packing. We have my family Christmas up north tomorrow so most of the day could have been considered "packing."

I got a few props made up for our part in the program. I got all the gifts we're bringing with wrapped up and ready. That's why it's beginning to look like Christmas in our house. A big pile presents! ... Which will be gone as soon as we pack the car, of course.

We also had lunch together at el Mezcal and did some shopping. I think we should revise the lyrics to say traffic and shoppers are "Ev'rywhere you go." What a zoo in town for a Friday afternoon when people are supposed to be working! Apparently, a bunch of slackers like we are.

As if I needed something extra to do, I decided to make some treats to bring tomorrow. I bought some of the new Chocolate Mint (of course) marshmallows. I thought, "Wouldn't those make tasty Rice Krispy treats?" Well, the marshmallows melted to an ugly grey color practically. So it looks like Cement Mixer treats instead! I told Carter, when all else fails, you just add frosting. So I did drizzle a bit with some red and green and sugar and they sort of look a little like Christmas. If you can get past the Cement, they are darn tasty!

I trust there'll be plenty of other options on the treat table tomorrow anyway. We are never short of sugar or smiles.

That's what makes Christmas look the best!

No comments: