Monday, December 26, 2011

On the Second Day of Christmas...

...My true love gave to me: Two Dove chocolates...

Oh c'mon, that's way better than Turtle Doves. Unless it's turtle-flavored Dove chocolates. And I mean the good kind of turtle with caramel and pecans.

Yes, I have sweets on the brain. Finally started to dig into the stockpile of Christmas cookies today. I figure we might as well enjoy vacation -- and our treats -- and let January's weigh-in slap us in the face like it always does. Hopefully by then I can actually exercise, too!

Woke up with my lovely back hurting again. Thankfully my chiropractor will finally be back in the office tomorrow. I am looking forward to it and hope it helps. Otherwise I'll have to figure something else out. And I don't know what that is.

Did not get in any exercise of any form, but did get the Christmas presents put away, some laundry done and some grocery shopping. Why did I not remember this is the third-busiest shopping day of the year? Uffda, for people!

I did not have any Christmas items on my list, but I followed the Wal-Mart crowd right to the holiday clearance items. They still had red and green M&M's so I got some of those and made some more pretzel treats when I got home.

Here's your super easy treat recipe for the day:


  1. Lay out round pretzels on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. You can fit like 60 on a pan.

  2. Place a Hugs Chocolate Kiss in the center of each pretzel.

  3. Bake in 275-degree oven for 3-5 minutes.

  4. Take out of oven and immediately place a red or green M&M in the center of each and gently press down. The Kiss spreads out to fill the pretzel.

  5. Chill to get it firm, then store in fridge.
The Hugs Kisses look the prettiest (in my opinion), but any Kiss works and so do Rolo's.

While I was slaving away in the kitchen, hubby was trying to run errands (most places were closed) and Carter was doing some organizing in the basement. That's what I intended to do but didn't get that far on my list. Now I can see what retired people are talking about when they say they didn't have time to get anything done all day! Where does the day go?

Carter must have used up most of his free time on his new keyboard. He has now taught himself Mary Had a Little Lamb. And tonight asked for some blank sheet music so he could compose a song. Seriously. That's quite a jump but his new "song" sounds kind of cool.

It wasn't quite ready for an audience tonight but we did entertain Jim's parents after supper with our beautiful Christmas tree and our HD TV. I think they are in the market but my mother-in-law gets paranoid when there is a new remote to learn.

I know how she feels. But I am bound and determined to learn how to work ours this week. I can now find the Hallmark Channel and Lifetime. Did you know they did a remake of Ice Castles? I discovered that right about the time I was thinking about cleaning or organizing or something...

Good thing I get another chance tomorrow -- when my true love gives me 3 French toasts or something.

No comments: