Friday, December 9, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I really can't stay Baby, it's cold outside

I've got to go away Baby, it's cold out there...

As Luck would have it, I was even further Up North for the coldest night of the winter (so far). I suspect it got below zero because at 9 a.m. my mom told me it was one degree out. One stinkin' degree.

My parents do not have a garage so I was amazed the CRV started on the first try. Yay. While that was warming up/defrosting, I helped my mom gather clothes and other important items (like a winter jacket) for my dad. We had high hopes he would come home today.

One of my sisters was picking Mom up to take her down to the Cities and would bring Dad back home later if that worked out. So I hit the road to Rapids. I had a few stops to make in Eau Claire plus a pitstop at the DQ in Osseo for a Candy Cane Blizzard. Baby, it might be cold outside, but it's never too cold for ice cream for this girl!

Got home before 3 p.m. so I just beat Carter home from school. Learned shortly after that that Dad would be staying one more night at the hospital. Apparently, the kidney issue worked itself out but they wanted to keep an eye on him one more night to make sure everything inside is operating smoothly. Good call.

I wanted some normalcy to my routine by that point, so we all went to a JV hoops game at Lincoln High School, where Jim's god daughter Becca played. She scored a few points, the team won, plus we had a nice visit with his aunt and uncle. After that, we went over to the Assumption boys varsity game. They had a nice win, too!

Now I am waiting for my blanket to warm up and am ready to fall asleep at the keyboard. Nothing like a few emotionally packed days to make you feel like you've been gone a week! But, as promised, here are a few pictures...
Here is our "Christmas Miracle"! On Wednesday, Dad looked like he was 100 years old. On Thursday, when I took this, he looked more like 90. Hopefully today he was back to his youthful 80-something self!

Here's Mom in her day as "Robyn." I told she as stylin'. Now I know what to get her for Christmas! Those sweatpants are awesome, especially when it's this cold outside.


And baby, it really, really is cold outside!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Thanks Robyn for the pictures! So good to see them.