Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

...Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say: "Rudolph, with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"...

We could have used Rudolph today to guide our Honda sleigh home from work!

It has been drizzly all day and the fog rolled in by mid-afternoon. Since it gets dark at 4:30-ish, not much of our drive time was in the daylight. I'm so grateful hubby was driving and he got us home safely. I can see why Santa thought Rudolph was a good idea.

Now the weird weather pattern continues. Not 2 minutes ago it was pouring rain... and lightning and thundering. Not joking. The forecasters say that after this un-seasonal part is done, we will have quite seasonal temperatures. As in blasted cold.

I am already nervous about the morning drive (Jim has off) if all this rain turns to ice. Scary.

I was happy to stay home bound tonight. Got my Scentsy orders divided up so I can deliver some good-smelling treats to people tomorrow. I also took some time to get some thoughts down on paper for our Hedberg family Christmas program this Saturday. I have been known to think it up on the drive up. But this one takes a little prep work. Sorry, it's top secret 'til Saturday. It's good, though (if I do say so myself).

Now I have just enough time to read a little bit of a Christmas book in my warm bed.

Rudolph, you can take the night off. We're not going anywhere. If it gets foggy indoors, I'll just use my new mini reading light from St. Lucia!

No comments: