Sunday, December 25, 2011

We Wish You A Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Quite predictably, my last Christmas carol blog is "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" because, well, we do wish you a merry one.

I have enjoyed my self-inflicted December challenge to relate my blog to a Christmas carol. I realized there are actually dozens and dozens of carols I didn't even touch. I also realize there are a lot of ways to prepare for and anticipate Christmas. Everything we do in December seems to link to this important holiday. I like that.

I do hope you had a good Christmas and found many blessings to appreciate. I was very pleased to wake up and make breakfast (cinnamon french toast) for my 4 Austin "boys." The five of us have not been together as a family in ages. That was very special to me.

Though, of course, I also appreciated the new Twins sweatshirt, Twins hats, Twins sunglasses... I think the North Pole might just be located in Minnesota!!

We had a few gifts to open this morning. Hubby spoiled me with the aforementioned items and some appropriates signs to hang around the house ("Dull Women Have Immaculate Homes"). I surprised Jim with a few things including a very cool UW-Whitewater sweatshirt. The big boys helped pick theirs out ahead of time so there were no surprises there.

Carter knew what clothes he was getting because we had that shopping excursion in Eau Claire Thanksgiving weekend. But he didn't know about a few other treats like a Vikings hat, Adrian Peterson t-shirt, movies and a keyboard. Carter does not know how to play the piano but he is willing to teach himself on an electronic keyboard. This one has a jack to send all the sound to earphones so everybody wins.

Even the cat got her annual fix of catnip in her stocking!

After gift opening, we lounged around the TV switching between Celtics basketball and John Wayne movies. The big boys left this afternoon and we didn't make our way too far from the couch the rest of the day! Thanks to a Christmas miracle, my back was not in pain today. So I attempted to go out for a walk because the temps were in the high 30s. Sounds mild. But the winds were 20-30 mph so I only made it a mile.

Got home, warmed up and was back on the couch. We did play some games and there were no Christmas miracles happening there. Daddy kicked our butts in Monopoly and cards. I might have him beat in the couch potato category. We'll see. There's a lot more Christmas vacationing to do yet.

Just like Jesus' birthday, this is only the beginning!

No comments: