Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blue Christmas

I'll have a Blue Christmas without you...

I've issued a challenge to my creative self. I am going to try to use the name of a Christmas carol as my blog title each day until Christmas. Somehow I will make the content and title match up -- even if it's a bit of a stretch. (I grant myself total creative license here.)

Today I'm thinking blue -- Assumption Royal Blue to be exact. For a couple reasons.

First, I have been on a hunt for the perfect color of blue cardstock to match our school colors. I need this for Carter's middle school scrapbook, which I would like to start sooner rather than later before I get even more behind in his school books.

This isn't a new obstacle. I have been searching since mid-September -- stopping at every scrapping store in every town I spy one -- with no luck. How hard is it to find blue paper, you ask? Apparently very hard. There are seriously dozens of shades of plain blue scrapping paper. A few have come close, like the sheets I found at Bargain Bill's up north, but once I got them home, they weren't quite it. I also ordered some online this week because they looked like the perfect match on the computer screen. One set arrived today. It is close but still not it.

What price does one pay for perfection? So far, about $22 and counting. Yikes. I'll keep searching.

The other reason Assumption Royal Blue is on my mind is that we have 3 basketball games in 5 nights this week. Tonight was game #2. We played at home against Wausau Newman, who killed us a few weeks ago with 3-pointers and did so again tonight. Carter got to play some. Did OK but nothing for the scorebook. Final stomping was 57-38.

Yikes. I do hope a Blue Christmas has nothing to do with sadness or loss... just that perfect must-have shade of Assumption Royal Blue!

No comments: