Friday, December 23, 2011

White Christmas

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

Up until today, there'd been much concern in the Midwest about the lack of a white Christmas. Personally, as someone who commutes 90 miles a day (round trip), I don't mind a green or brown Christmas as long as the roads stay clear.

Apparently enough people wished for a white Christmas, though. And it came true today. (Not much but enough to last 48 hours to Christmas.) I'll admit it does make the tree tops glisten and all that nonsense, but I'm only saying that because we are on vacation with no place further than 7 or 8 miles to go.

For our first day "off," it was a busy one. Carter and fellow 8th-graders were wrapping presents at the mall to raise money for charity. He had to report for duty at 8:45 a.m. so there was no sleeping in. Hubby was up early, too, and gone for much of the day helping set up an indoor batting cage.

While Carter did his wrapping gig, I did some grocery shopping. The crowds were unreal. I guess everyone really does wait for the last minute to shop. The cool thing was that between the mall and Wal-Mart, I ran into at least 4 friends I haven't seen in awhile. So it was a good thing that 4 out of 5 people had the day off today.

Spent the afternoon making my grape salad for Christmas Eve dinner and doing some light housework. My back is feeling much better than Monday but I didn't want to push it.

We did finally get in some true relaxation tonight when we met our friends Mike, Christine and Nate out for dinner at Anchor Bay. Had good food and a nice visit back at our place afterwards. All these cookies I could have offered but I was too full to even think about food! Will have to do more entertaining, I guess. I certainly don't want or need to eat them all myself.

Will have to reiterate to Santa (since I didn't use up my wish on the white stuff) that I want a fat bank account and a slim body for Christmas. He accidentally switched those two around last year.

I still believe.

No comments: