Monday, August 19, 2013

Clean as a Whistle

Mondays sure seem boring when you sit at a desk instead of rolling around in the mud. And you are as a clean as a whistle. (Because apparently, whistles are clean.)

It was nice to feel like my old self. But I realized part of the impact of being my OLD self is that there are more wrinkles, cracks and crevices to hold mud longer. It really did take all of four showers and a long soak to get it gone!

I know. Too much information.

Now the only thing that is dirty is my mind and my house. And not necessarily in that order when it comes to quantity or quality. I'll have to address that at some point. For now, just getting through a Monday is enough.

Work was busy but did not have any surprise challenges, so I appreciated that. Got home and dropped the CRV off at the shop for some tire business and walked home from there. A nice, clean 4.25 miles!

Carter got his miles in today, too. He started cross country practice. I know -- what do they practice? Well it's pretty much conditioning, conditioning and conditioning. Sounds more fun to roll in the mud, doesn't it?

So today he had two practices --at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. -- so our neighbor dropped him off and Carter stayed at a teammate's house tonight so he can get to his 8 a.m. practice tomorrow. His schedule is pretty wacky since some days he has just one practice and it's not always the same times. Thank goodness for generous friends and neighbors who have flexible schedules. Welcome to the fall sports season!

Bring on the blood, sweat and tears... and mud. We'll be fine with just sweat, please. We've had enough of the others for awhile.




No comments: