Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Two-fer Tuesday

Just two quick notes today:

One: It took four pedometers and probably six batteries over the course of the summer, but I reached my goal for the Steps Challenge at work -- four days in advance! So no more talking about steps and faulty equipment, I promise.

Unless I win the Kindle Fire, of course.

Two: Just got the biggest chuckle today at the expense of my now 50-year-old hubby. We were going to pick up Carter from cross country practice but since we got to town a few minutes early, we swung into IGA so he could pick up some peas for his lunch tomorrow. (Yes, we have boring lunches at work.)

He comes out laughing to himself and here's why:

Look - he got a senior citizen discount!! And they didn't even card him! I realize it's only 13 cents, but every penny adds up, right?

When I look at it, the receipt is funny on so many levels. Just buy one item and it's PEAS? Not Budweiser or something exciting like my high-fiber cereal, but PEAS? Is he an old man who has to mash them to eat them or what?

OK, I won't pick on him any more. I actually am going to have to start using him for his discount. Five percent off can make a big difference on a nice juicy steak...

Or gallon of ice cream!


No comments: