Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Minutes

Just a few minutes of my Monday...

Technical Difficulties: Why is it that Mondays always feel like you could sleep in for hours? I guess I was tired from all the physical activity (too many golf swings) this weekend. Having computer issues at work only made it feel like a longer day. By the time we were heading home, it felt like two Mondays' worth of work. Good thing tomorrow is Tuesday!

Salt in my Tears: I paid for my weekend gluttony today. I escaped for a run at lunch time and it was challenging. Partially because I was not hydrated or rested and partially because it was pretty warm out! I managed to go on the 4-mile loop I established with my MapMyRun app -- but could not run the whole thing. Had a few short walk breaks after the halfway point. When I got back to work and was stretching out, the sweat dripped into both eyes and it stung so bad I couldn't cry fast enough to clean my eyes out!  Must have been those salty fries and cheeseburgers this weekend. Certainly not the ice cream. Ouch. I definitely looked the part of the raccoon this afternoon.

On the Run: Speaking of running, Carter is finally doing some on his own. He does not want me to badger him about this any more. He claims he is self-motivated and will do what his coach has assigned. We'll see. I will just mind my own business and work my own running program. You think meddling Mom can do that?? We'll see on that, too.

On the Couch: Speaking of running -- or not, my poor neighbor Cindy now has her right foot/lower leg in a boot cast for a bruised tibia. Sounds painful and it is. What's more painful is the timing. She was excited about 3 races coming up, two that we were doing together -- this weekend's Dirty Girl in Milwaukee and the Women Rock Minnesota run Labor Day weekend. She will have to be resting it for 4-6 weeks. Now for sure I am going to stick to my running program. Because I am lucky enough to be capable. For today anyway.

Garden Variety: Talked with my mom tonight. She is doing pretty good but I think she is lonely. I mean she usually appreciates my weekly calls because I am her favorite, but tonight she just sounded especially grateful to hear from me. She mentioned the deer eating the flowers at Dad's grave site again. Now she may have to just settle for artificial flowers -- a difficult step for someone with 2 green thumbs and 8 green fingers. Yes, she is that good with growing things! So if anyone has any deer deterrent tips, let me know. If she can get red geraniums to work, she'd be very pleased. But at this point, she isn't picky. Apparently, the deer aren't either.


No comments: