Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sleeping Weather

Whatever happened to the hot August nights? Middle of our allegedly hottest month of the year and I am wearing pants and a sweatshirt as I type this.

Not liking it. Not liking it one bit.

We have an outdoor concert to go to in 24 hours and it is going to be cold. Like 40-degree cold. Plus, I feel the hint of a summer cold coming on -- with a whole lot of sneezing and a stuffy nose. This is NOT how I do summer.

While friends in Texas are complaining about the heat, I reminded them this morning it was 46 degrees here! Just a typical crisp summer morning in Wisconsin. And while I appreciate the infamous "good sleeping weather" we all enjoy, it is too soon for that. Just too soon.

At this rate, Mr. Deck Chair will never speak to me again. We have spent so little time together this summer. My pile of capris will probably hold a standoff of their own, since I've had little use for short pants so far. And shorts in general, well, only the running variety have received my attention.

On the plus side, my heated mattress pad loves me and we've enjoyed more than our average number of summer campfires. Plus, it's great running weather.

And, of course, it's never too cold for ice cream so that doesn't even enter into the equation. Whew.

Guess I'll enjoy the best of both worlds for awhile: a chilled bedtime snack followed by 8 hours of good sleeping weather in my warm bed.

Sweet summer dreams!



No comments: