Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Double Points Day

Our work Steps Challenge is coming to an end in another 10 days. From June 1-Aug. 31, we earn a point per mile on our pedometer to be eligible for certain prize drawings at different levels.

I got off to a slow start. Right now I would have to walk an additional 10 miles each of those remaining days to qualify for the iPad. With just an average of 4 total miles per day, though, I will reach the points level for the Amazon Kindle Fire drawing. That is fine with me. I am very excited about that and hope a lot of people were far more dedicated -- or not as dedicated -- so they are in a different drawing.

Even when I am not committed to a cause, I am still competitive.

Today, to help out us stragglers, it is a double points day. So whatever miles I put on, we can double it. That will take off some of the pressure.

I did a 4-mile run at lunch. Well, a walk-run since it was 86 degrees and I don't do heat very well. Then tonight after supper, I took a walk. Add to that all the incidental walking around work and the house here and I am approaching 9 miles. Oh yeah!

Meanwhile, hubby's pedometer just went on the fritz and completely cleared itself. Good thing he is not in this challenge or he would be pretty upset right now. And that's putting it mildly. Of course, he probably wouldn't be counting on all these last-minute steps and miles to reach a goal. He'd be coasting by now.

I, on the other hand, am going to hope my pedometer stays functional for the rest of August. Then I might just take a month off. I'm kind of tired of being obsessed with getting enough steps each day! And if I don't win anything -- which is typical of my luck -- then I'll wonder if it was even worth it!

Of course, as a side effect, my pants have become a bit looser. So I guess I'm a winner either way.

I sure would like to give that Kindle a try, though!

No comments: