Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rock and Roll Lives

Had a classic family outing tonight.  As in classic rock!

While we were gone on our mission trip, Jim ordered tickets for us to attend the Army Concert Series stop at Fort McCoy.  Tonight's headliner was Styx (who Carter likes) with Grand Funk Railroad and 38 Special opening.

We got there about 5 p.m. and sort of tailgated while waiting for the gates to open at 6 p.m. It was a bring your own lawn chair deal. So when the gates opened, there was a mad dash to the stage area. Good thing I've been running!

We got decent seats - about 7 rows back plus a bunch of people standing in front.

It was a great concert.(And I am glad I stuffed tissue "ear plugs" in my ears!) The highlight for Carter was catching a guitar pick from 38 Special.  He was so pumped about that. Nothing could really top that!

Here are a few photos from my phone:

See? The stage is not too far from us! And no, I am not THAT short. The guys, as usual, stood on tippy-toes and held me down. Ha.

Carter and his guitar pick. We kept an eye on all the guitarists the rest of the night but didn't get another one. Nice souvenir!

The Styx grand finale featured confetti shot into the crowd. That was cool to be up close so we could be in the middle of it!

It took about a half hour to get out of Fort McCoy and on the road. It is now 2 a.m. and we have to work in the morning. Not that far off. Will probably still be dancing in my sleep!

And thanks to my ear plugs, I will probably hear the alarm.

No comments: