Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Refreshments Served

It hasn't rained in a month and when it does, Mother Nature goes overboard with it. Rain, lightning, thunder, the works. We already had one quick power outage so I am typing fast before another one.

After seeing that awful brown grass in our yard today, I was so grateful just to hear that rain pouring down. How refreshing for the grass and trees! They have to be soaking it up and loving it.

I think there is very severe weather headed to other parts of Wisconsin -- like where we work -- which seems typical when you have a storm after a hot and humid day.

Today Carter had two cross country practices so he could feel every every degree of that 90-plus heat and every ounce of that humidity. I doubt it can really toughen him up for those late summer, hot CC meets, but it does help to experience it and survive it without puking or fainting.

I realize that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. However, Carter seemed pretty weak when I picked him up each time.

I worked from home today so I could shuttle him back and forth for practice. It was even too hot for me to take a long break with Mr. Deck Chair. That is just about unheard of in my circle, isn't it?

We've got the air cranked in the house, so I am bundled up from head to toe and had my blanket turned on already. I just realized that shut off during the power blink, so now I have to stay up late until I have a warm bed.

Because I am a Princess.

And for today at least, Mother Nature "rains" as the Queen.


No comments: