Friday, August 23, 2013

I Scream...

I'm telling you right now... Ice cream wins every time! Whether it's putting the beat down on Mr. Fudgesicle or telling Mr. Bad Friday to take a hike, I will stick with ice cream every time.

By 8:30 a.m. I had already declared it a long day. And that was just silly because it was all over that stinkin' pedometer.

But wait, you say, didn't you get a new one yesterday? Well, yes I did. But the "new" one followed in the same footsteps (pun intended) as my dead one and hubby's dead one. It reset itself to some random time and I lost steps.

So after begging and pleading with the Steps Nazi, I got a replacement one to use for the next week. Or, in my case now, the next 13.86 miles. I swear, I almost ran a half marathon on my lunch hour just to get this darn thing over with!

I didn't, though, of course.

Instead I rewarded myself -- for not killing anyone -- by stopping at King Cone on the way home. Good thing my driver was so cooperative! I'm pretty sure he knew what would happen if he wasn't.

That really did the trick. And I am not just saying that so I can use that method of therapy again. Well, maybe I am, but since it worked, why change it? Isn't there something about not fixing it if it ain't broke?

I just need that big, tough ice cream on my side and I can handle anything. Or almost anything. This pedometer thing is pretty close to pushing me over the edge.

I better grab a spoon and hang on!



No comments: