Sunday, August 18, 2013

Here's the Dirt

Got some more pictures from our fellow Dirty Girls. This gives you a little more insight on the good, clean fun between the Start and Finish lines...

The starting gate. I think we were sent off in waves of about a hundred people maybe. And the waves were every 15 minutes over the course of two days.

 The first obstacles was an inflatable hill climb with big steps. Very big steps.

 On the opposite side we had to bounce down without breaking our wrists or our necks.

Seriously, there I am airborne! Advice: Laugh but do not bite tongue!

 When we reach the bottom we are already giggling. Hey it IS fun to be a kid again.

This was our first down and dirty obstacle. Crawl underneath in the mud. No way to avoid it. I am stepping out on the right there after a successful crawl.

Notice I am carefully checking my shoes so they do not get stuck in the mud! Even though I was going to donate them afterward, I did not want to lose them just yet!

 Niki and I smiling even though we know there is no turning back now. We are DIRTY!

 The A-MAZE Yourself obstacle was a fun way to get a bit tangled and loosen up some mud.

The horizontal rope crossing. The toughest one for me. It was like "planking" for 3 minutes. If you know what that is, you can sympathize.

Waist deep! Should have known then there'd be no salvaging my underwear! (I know. Too much information, right?)

 The climb up wasn't bad on the other side. The slide down was easy, too. And fast!

And dirty! I am on the left in case you didn't recognize me. That's where I landed on my backside and got head-to-toe mud.

 Climbing out like the creature from the black lagoon!

 Remember, this is a fun RUN! Here we are (me in the middle) running to our last two obstacles.

 This rope climb wasn't too difficult (me far left), but when you got to the top, it was too high for my liking AND you had to somehow swing your legs over CAREFULLY and climb down the other side.

I made it! Here I am on my last step down! How did my teammate stay that clean??

The last obstacle. We were suppose to crawl or something but the Wonder Women in back there all held hands and walked through to celebrate our finish.

Whoo-hoo! Who wants a shower???


Got home this afternoon and laid out the clothes in the back yard to hose them down. I was able to salvage my compression shorts, skirt and bra, but had to sacrifice the socks, underwear and, sadly, my Wonder Woman t-shirt. That was not a huge loss. I bought the t-shirt at Goodwill for $3.99 and made my own Wonder Woman iron-on for it. I can do that again if the need for my super powers arises again.

I did hose off my bib number and will keep that for the scrapbook. I may have to make one just for Dirty Girl runs... because you know I am going to recruit some of YOU for this next year!

Start thinking DIRTY...

No comments: