Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall Flavors

I received the following message from my friends at King Cone today: Fall flavors are in!

Would you like to know what they are? How's this for tempting your taste buds....

Pumpkin Pie: It's a pie, it's a pumpkin, nope its both!! Pumpkin flavored ice cream with a pie crust crumbled throughout!!

Carrot Cake: Ice cream that's good for your vision, a carrot cake flavored ice cream with a cream cheese swirl and actual carrot cake sprinkled in.

I figured I better make a few detours on the way home from work this week. Frankly, since I am in the driver's seat (literally), I can do that without anyone's permission but my own. And although it seems like I'm telling tales here, it isn't always that easy to do.

After going for a run at lunch, I decided a KC stop would be counter-productive. Besides, I had ice cream 4 days in a row. I probably should take a breather.

Tomorrow, though, is a different story.

My pedometer is off hiatus and on my hip again. So far today, I have banked more than 11,400 steps. That means I'll have a head start for hump day and can justify the delicious detour after work. Makes sense, right?

Good thing I like other fall "flavors" that won't weigh me down... Football, hoodies, campfires, cross country (of course) and colored leaves!


This was one of the 5 leaves with color I saw up north this past weekend. Glad the "flavor" has returned on the menu around here.


No comments: