Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pea Soup Surprise


I've been in a fog during my lonesome morning commute this week. And I mean literally.

I was lucky that on Tuesday and Wednesday the sun was burning off the fog en route. I was naughty and took a picture of that with my camera phone while I was driving yesterday. Not a good example to set.

Today, however, I had both hands on the wheel at all times. The fog was of the fabled pea soup variety and visibility was a quarter of a mile or less. It was cloudy so no sun. Not so fun. And not so pretty. There were still idiots driving without headlights on. I made sure mine were even on bright when I needed other cars to see me.

I guess not everyone did.

Going through the four-lane in Plover, which had better lighting since it was in town, a dude in a pickup truck next to me on my right was kind enough to signal left, but not kind enough to wait until I got out of the way. Thanks to my cat-like reflexes, I was able to apply foot to brake and hand to horn before he sideswiped me.

I swear it took 5 years off my life. So by my creative math, that means I am back to being 40 again. Whoo-hoo!

That's a nice surprise. By the time the fog changes to snow in a few months, I'll be carded just to purchase my coffee.


No comments: