Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hump Day Happenings

School Pictures: Poor Carter was living a teen's worse nightmare. Woke up the morning of school pictures with a breakout. I tried to convince him it could be worse. I could have given him a good old "bowl" haircut the night before. I suppose that would have taken his mind off his face.

Out of my Hair: Speaking of hair. The old commercial with the ladies singing about "washing that gray right out of my hair" was in my head today. Connected with my hair artist for an emergency pre-sister weekend root job. She had an opening at 9 a.m. so I downed a cup of coffee at my desk and headed on down to her "office." Not a bad way to break in the day. And she was successful at washing it away, too. Bonus!

Trading Places: I have discovered a new place to buy and sell without waiting for a garage sale. I now belong to several online groups through Facebook where I can buy and sell locally. For the record, I have not purchased anything (yet) but have sold a dozen books, am negotiating on our printer and hope to sell some bunk beds in the near future. At this point -- since we have to meet up with people to deliver the items -- I am just hoping to bring in more than I pay out in gas. It might be a good system if that part works. Sooner rather than later!

Remember 9/11: When I was a young teenager, I had to interview my mom for a history paper. I marveled at how she could remember exactly where she was and what she was doing when JFK was shot, for instance. "But Mom, that was so long ago! How do you still remember that??" Some things you just don't forget, she said. 

Today, a dozen years since that fateful September morning, I get it, Mom. I think we all do.


No comments: