Tuesday, September 10, 2013

On the Same Page

Apparently my son and I are on the same page some of the time.

When I picked him up after cross country practice, I asked if he liked his locker decoration. He said someone used a pen and drew an arrow to my Post-It note and wrote something like "That's cute."

So now, says Carter, "You're going to have to white that out or something before you can use the poster in my scrapbook."

I love that he is thinking about my scrapbooking needs above the need to admonish me for embarrassing him with my note. Ha. Got away with one there!

Probably best we all don't bring that up to him or he may change his tune.

To be safe, I got the bribery under way already. Since we had to wait for Jim at an eye doctor appointment, Carter and I swung by DQ for a cool treat on this hot, hot day. (High of 93 -- warmer here than at my sister's in Texas.)

This is another category where the boy and are on the same page. You honestly don't have to twist our arm to have ice cream. Sometimes we'll play along, but always we will take that suggestion.

Since DQ has merged with Orange Julius, our local site now offers smoothies and such. So Carter had a smoothie and I had a Blizzard. Being the "mix-ologist" that I am, I got a Butterfinger CheeseQuake Blizzard. No, it's not on the menu. I ordered it and they did a yummy job of it.

I used my mix-ology skills later to create some butterscotch chip oatmeal cookies. I needed to make a treat for a meeting on Thursday so I figured I might as well heat the house up since we have the A/C cranked. I know. That doesn't make as much sense when I see it in writing. Sounded logical at the time.

No one complained it was too hot, though. And we all enjoyed at least one "test cookie."

Definitely all on the same page for that. M-m-m-m good.


No comments: