Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Night Lights

The Austin Three is spending their Friday night individually in the light.

Hubby's Friday Night Lights are on the football field. He caught a ride with some friends to Gilman -- I'd guess two hours away -- where the Assumption Royals are valiantly trying to keep it close. I don't think there'll be enough time left on the clock for a W, though.

Carter's Friday Night Lights are in the kitchen. At his job, that is. He's washing dishes at the Ridges tonight. Last weekend, he worked both Friday and Saturday evenings. This weekend, it's just tonight. Hopefully he'll be done soon since he's got a cross country meet clear over in Oshkosh in the morning.

My Friday Nights Lights were courtesy of the computer monitor mostly. Our main computer was pretty much virus infected and sluggish so we had to get it in as soon as we had another operating computer (Jim's laptop) in the house. The good news is that it is running better and the CD drive works once again. The bad news is that all of my programs have to be reinstalled. And no, I do not have the software for most of them. Grr.

So after a few hours of groaning and cursing, I was saved by another light.

This time, the neighbor's campfire. So I trotted over there to visit and relax a bit. Nothing like letting your worries and stresses go up in smoke.

I guess Friends + Fire = Good Therapy.

But we already knew that, didn't we?

For future reference, that is definitely my preference for Friday Night Lights!


No comments: