Sunday, September 22, 2013

Re-Connecting

Although our location was decidedly north, we felt like we were in the middle of nowhere this weekend -- with sketchy cell phone coverage and even sketchier Internet reception. So I took an unexpected "vacation" from blogging.

It's good to be re-connected with my guys and, yes, even the Internet. However, while I did get home around 3 this afternoon, I did not get time to download photos or thoughts. I have been busy helping hubby with a project and since it is after 10, I am calling it quits for the night.

I will, however, share a few images. Our weekend can be summed up in 3 words: Sisters, Scenery and Sweets!

Sisters: Some days we do put the WHINE in winery. In this case, we were touring around some apple orchards and just had to stop at the All Sisters Winery. For a photo op if nothing else. The "Wild Women" from left: Rachel, Renell, Rayna, Raylene, RoAnn, Romey and me.

Scenery: What we lacked in fall colors (and I mean seriously lacked), we made up for in waterfront photo ops. What we considered way-too-cool breezes must have created perfect sailing weather as we saw a lot of sailboats in action.

Sweets: Despite me forgetting my acorns, there was no shortage of sweets in our cabin or in Bayfield and on Madeline Island. Yes, I did have ice cream 3 days in a row. And if I could have gotten this wooden sculpture off its stand, I could have it every day!

As I noted to my sisters. Parting is such SWEET sorrow! Why does sister weekend go so fast? It's not like we're going to melt!

I do feel like I am about to turn into a puddle of uselessness, though. Sweet dreams and I will post more tomorrow!

No comments: