Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Day in Between


Saw this picture today and had to share. I couldn't agree more!

While I know where Saturday went, I am not sure how it could be 8 o'clock Sunday night already. I was up for early church and still have little to show for all those hours. Oh, except for a hundred bucks. I'll get to that.

Carter woke up with a sore throat and didn't want to go to 8 a.m. church and infect anyone (how kind of him), so I went alone. Driving in the blessed rain! Free car wash day!

Afterward, Mother Hubbard went grocery shopping. That took awhile. I was getting food for us and also getting food for sister weekend. We take turns providing breakfast (everything from coffee and juice to cereal, muffins and yogurt) for the Thursday through Sunday mornings and this is my year. My twin and I actually are providing, but since I am riding up in a vehicle by myself, I volunteered to get the items since I will have room. The other sisters are carpooling and they'll have a tighter squeeze.

Got home and gave Carter some honey and cinnamon concoction to help his throat. It did. But also apparently made him clumsy as he spilled half the jar of honey on the counter. Good thing our ants are gone. I made him clean it up while I grilled brats for lunch.

After that I did a putzy little treat project that I cannot wait to show you but will have to wait since it is a sister weekend surprise. Then I did a few more things for the upcoming weekend -- that I can't tell you about either. Not yet, anyway.

While this was all going on, we were watching the Packer game on and off. Vikings weren't televised here today so had to get scoring highlights (and low-lights) off the ticker. Also, we had to keep an eye on the score at the end of each quarter to see if it matched our numbers in a pool.

As luck would have it, that weird play at the end of the first half, where the ball hit the pylon and resulted in a touchback, kept the score (thankfully) on my numbers. $25 there! After the 3rd quarter, the numbers matched Jim's! Another $25. Then, at the end, there was much rejoicing when the Packers QB took a knee. It matched my numbers again! $50 this time! Yup, we made $100 of the Pack today. Almost makes up for a Vikings lost. But not quite.

The money -- my portion of it anyway -- should cover a few meals this weekend. The timing is perfect.

Since the rain was done by then, I went for a quick walk then came home and baked some of the World's Best Cranberry Bars. They really are. I realized the new harvest is coming in so I better use up the rest of my cranberries in the freezer. Everybody wins.

Tonight Jim had a sports association meeting so I stayed home and nagged Carter about homework.

I'm glad he doesn't turn the tables and ask me, "Well when are you going to get around to your Saturday chores?? On Monday??"

Yup. I really need that day in between Saturday and Sunday. If you find it, please share!


No comments: