Monday, September 16, 2013

Pump-ed Up

While I do miss the super warm sunny days, where I can sit on my deck chair, there are few things I enjoy about fall-like weather. Wearing hoodies, seeing the pretty leaves, burning my autumn-scented candles and eating pumpkins -- in a variety of forms.

Thought I'd go the healthy route and try this today...


I was kind of hoping it would taste like a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. But what did I expect when it is zero grams of fat and only 90 calories? It wasn't bad, but next time, I am throwing in some "taste" (a.k.a. fat), such as granola or graham crackers or crushed 'Nilla Wafers. That will help.

It does get me in the mood for those Pumpkin Pie Blizzards, which likely won't show up for a month, and the Pumpkin Hershey Kisses I enjoyed last year. I actually have one package of Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts in the cupboard from last year, too. Hey, if I like something, I want it to last 'til the next "season" comes around again so I don't have to go without.

I probably shouldn't even get into pumpkin bars, pumpkin pies, pumpkin spice lattes and, well, just about everything pumpkin!

I don't know. It just tastes like fall to me.

Don't get jealous, Mr. Deck Chair. I can still bond with you while enjoying what the next season has to offer!


No comments: