Friday, October 3, 2014

A Mile High Hello



Getting up at 2 a.m. and hitting the road by 3 a.m.to drive 90 minutes in the rain to the airport is not my idea of a good time. But sleeping on a plane and waking up in the Mile High City sure is!

Was here by 7:30 and our friend Dawn came to pick me up awhile later, then we swung downtown to pick up hubby at his work conference, which ended today. Was only 37 degrees when I landed, but I knew the weathermen had to be right when it came to a warming forecast.



Needless to say, it didn't take me log to plant my arse in a deck chair at Dawn and Pete's place. Was too nippy to nap out there but I found a warm bed inside just to catch up and get my vacation started with gusto!

My 30-minute nap was more like a 2-hour one! After that, Jim and I headed up the road a mile to the Buffalo Bill Museum and Gravesite. It was also a place for me to see the Rockies in the distance for the first time!



You lookin' at me, Bill??

Gravesite where some people throw coins and make wishes or something There was a museum to tour, too, but we skipped that. We did, however, stop in the gift shop and share a bowl of Buffalo Chili. I mean like buffalo! Not the fake spicy stuff I eat on chicken wings. Pretty good!.

Robyn, get your gun!
Pretty cool historic stuff on display.

This freaked me out. It's like from the movie BIG. And it spoke to me when I walked by! I wished to be big, but specified I wanted taller big, not fatter big!
After that, we came back to Pete and Dawn's beautiful home on Lookout Mountain.We relaxed outside as the sun warmed things up and befriended the other two hosts, Annie and Rudy, their fluffy chow dogs. Pictures to come when I can get them to pose for me!

Pete came home from business trip and we had a great supper. He and Jim resurrected their 30-year cribbage rivalry and I enjoyed this feeling of being relaxed. Is that what all the rush before vacation leads to?

I like it!



No comments: