Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Raise the Bar


My day could be summed up with that old joke: "A man walks into a bar..." with the punchline being "A woman walks over to a bar... of chocolate. And eats it."

Make that a 5-pound bar of Hershey's chocolate, delivered straight from Hershey, Pa.


OK, I seriously did not eat the whole thing. But when Tuesdays feel like Mondays, you are tempted.

It was nice for our editor to return from the car show out in Hershey with the big one in tow. Good thing he drove back or it might not have made it through airport security. No, it's not dangerous, but their jobs have to be the worst ever, so they probably actually NEED chocolate more than I do.

We did start cutting the bar into pieces and sharing. I suspect that will go on for a week. And, I declare, my stress will not. (I figure if I declare something it has more power.)

Plus, I am getting better at adapting to change. Today it took me less than a pound of chocolate. Years ago, that 5-pounder would have been all mine. I'm so much better at coping, doncha think?

Honestly, nothing major is going on. I just fret sometimes – OK, many times – unnecessarily about things I can't control. Things that are going to turn out fine anyway. You hear that "everything happens for a reason" line about as often as one of those "bar" jokes. Thankfully, they both can distract you from worry.

That and chocolate. A big ol' bite of it!




No comments: