Thursday, October 9, 2014

Throwback Thursday

It was definitely a Throwback Thursday today as Carter's class threw back to the 1990s. How's about a little Flavor Flav to end your day?

If you can't tell the difference, the guy on the left is Flavor Flav the hip-hop artist from the '90s and the guy on the right is Carter, the hip-hop-homecoming artist for 2014.

He came up with that outfit himself. I did share a few props like my fashionable Swatches I never threw away or sold. But the rest was all him. Looks pretty cool, eh? At least he got to school on time!

What has impressed me about out little school is that the guys participate in the dress-up days as much as the girls. I don't recall the boys in my class doing much of that back in my day. Except for "Opposite Day" when they could dress like women and wear fake balloon boobs.

True story.

Even tonight at the volleyball game, where it was a Dig Pink breast cancer awareness night, a bunch of the football players were pretty in pink.

Pretty macho, that is. If you think togas fall into that category! (I do. But I don't want to sound like a creepy old mom.)


Managed to get a picture of Carter playing in the Pep Band tonight, too. I didn't even bother trying to be sneaky. I just walked right up to the stage and as soon as he and his friend Olivia saw me, they started laughing. So talented they kept on playing but you can see they are both sporting dimples and smiles.

Gotcha!

Tomorrow will be an easy dress-up day: Royal Blue and White. I suspect the hip-hop artist will become the stylin' artist and break out the spirit bibs again. That's just a guess. He's not taking advice from me, despite the fact that I come up with costumes every year for our sister weekend Opening Act.

Probably best. This way he can embarrass himself and only blame himself. I mean look at those rolled-up jeans! I did a perfect job this morning and when he got dressed after cross country practice he was clueless how to do it.

Who cares if my son is wearing a wall clock on his chest? He's got to learn "the roll" or move onto the next decade.

I finally have. (I think.)



No comments: