Saturday, October 18, 2014

How Sweet!

I swear that not one calendar in this house has "Sweetest Day" on it. Yet, somehow hubby knew it was today. So I was surprised not only by the holiday, but the gift.

In the category of "Don't judge a book by its cover," this is what greeted me this morning.


I could have told Jim where there was more wrapping paper, but that would have spoiled the surprise. And the unique presentation.

Needless to say, I had no qualms about ripping the paper right off to see what was inside.


Oh wow! I was speechless. Other than my squeals of delight, that is! Not a big deal for most people, but I have wanted one of these magical coffee machines since oh, last summer when we were on our mission trip to the Ozarks and one of the other adult leaders brought his from home. Yup, been coveting for awhile.

That was reinforced when visiting my nephew in South Dakota who has one and our friends in Denver who have one. After that, I had pondered begging for one for Christmas. Had no idea Jim was paying attention. How could I have doubted?

So that was a great surprise! I said that counts for Sweetest Day, Christmas and Valentine's Day if he wants. Especially since I didn't even have a card for him. I did treat him to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings when we were out running errands in Stevens Point today. So that counts for something.

Tonight, I took him out to a surprise silver anniversary party for some friends of ours. That should count, too, even if the beer and pizza was provided. Ha. It did make for a fun evening out and a great time to catch up with some friends.

Carter, my other sweetheart, was oblivious to all. He had cross country teammates over last night and they went to an 8:30 a.m. practice today. Then he did his laundry this afternoon, some homework, then headed to a friend's for the night.

Maybe I'll actually see him one of these days when our schedules mesh. By then, he'll probably be old enough to drink coffee, too. I might even share my Keurig with him.

It's darn sweet, I tell ya!



No comments: