Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mind-Scape



Is mind-scape even a word? To me it me means my mind is still on vacation – the ultimate escape!

For example, when I saw the graphic above today I thought, "Wow, that's interesting." It actually took me a minute to realize Halloween could never be on the 13th anyway!

Uhm, yeah. This re-entry is going slow!

Work has been busy and so has my off time. I don't mind that. I am helping Carter with a few projects and it feels good to be needed! Tonight we finalized an application for an amazing opportunity for him (fingers crossed). We also got an "outfit" ready for school tomorrow.

Thursday's homecoming dress-up theme assigns a different decade to each class. The juniors have to dress like it's the '90s. Did we even have a certain style (or lack of it) in the '90s?

Acid-wash jeans were popular and I explained to Carter that rolling up the cuffs of your jeans is an art form. I may have to help him with that. As much as I hang on to clothes, Carter actually got some items from Goodwill so I won't be embarrassed that he is wearing some outdated thing of his mother's.

Not that he would wear girls' clothing. But anything goes during Homecoming Week.... including my mind, apparently.

I wonder if Thanksgiving will fall on a Thursday this year...


No comments: